Monday, May 31, 2010

Grow My Faith LORD - and Don't Stop!

Okay, so, that bug I was battling? Well, it turns out that was just the practice round for something even larger!
GOD is good how HE prepares us before launching us. Last night my husband was inspired to deliver a lesson on the man who was healed by the gate called Beautiful (Acts 3). Then his plan was to ask for the faith to let healing happen here in our church when we pray. GOD's plan was the reverse! We had one young lady with a swollen nose ask for some ibuprofen because she was hurting at the start of our youth service! So we prayed. The swollen lump in her nose disappeared and she said even the pain was going away - she was even able to touch it without cringing!
I was so excited about that, let me tell you! But then halfway through his sermon, another of our girls got up to leave. She told me that she was taking a friend to the ER because her eye was so swollen. We rallied again and practiced what he was still preaching and prayed for her over the phone. We told her to call back in half an hour with a status report. When she called back, it was to say that the swelling had gone down a LOT! I will have to check with her, but I don't think she ended up going to the ER after all.
So when we prayed for one of our girls who had skinned her knees (scabby and swollen), I was expecting the skin to knit together right under my hands! They were still scabbed when we finished praying, but even she said her knees felt better and she was able to move them easier.
I am so humbled that GOD would choose to honor us with HIS glory and HIS touch. These may be small things, but that is how faith grows - and I trust larger is coming. All we have to do is ask, and the very Maker of the universe will hear and answer. What an awesome GOD we serve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment