Sunday, January 5, 2014

Benefits of a Small Church

We moved to a church in a much smaller town about a month ago.  There are no kids there and no band and yet, they have so much to offer! 

I hadn't realized how much I was hiding in the crowd.  Able to mask myself from going deeper with the Lord by serving (nursery, youth, prayer teams), I loved GOD but let my relationship go on cruise control. I wasn't fake, but I wasn't growing or challenging myself either.

So when worship is canned (from a recorded song played through the computer) you have to dig deep to get something out of it.  Either dig deep or get nothing. No musician is there to take you a little way into the throne room. It's you and GOD, all or nothing...no more room for just coasting.

The pastor looks you in the eye personally in a small church. In a crowd he may never see you, but with fewer people to hide among, he is talking just to you. No avoidance.

I would rather be here than anywhere else right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment