Thursday, March 17, 2011

'Knee'ded a Reminder

I love my husband, despite that fact that our age difference has made him much more mature than me (even despite the fact that girls mature faster - LOL). So when I finally broke down and went to the doctor about the pain in my knees, I was horrified to find out it was a degenerative condition like arthritis, and not an injury. My husband, wit that he is, said, 'Great. Here I thought I married this young hottie only to find out that you're REALLY older than me. I want a refund.' Ha ha ha, honey! Thanks!

But while I face possible surgery and future knee replacements, (and a witty husband!) one of our teens was diagnosed with lymphoma. He turned 18 the next day. He is an amazing young man, full of optimism and determination, even now almost two months into the fight. He has already written his testimony thanking GOD for completely healing him from this cancer. WOW. Kinda cut my little pity-party short (thank goodness!).

I guess no matter how bad you have it, someone always has it worse, and you can always find something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment